As we wrap up this year, celebrate our achievements and look ahead to 2023 – what would you like to accomplish?
1. Revisit last year’s goals
- Did you achieve them?
- Are they still relevant or is it time for a change of plan?
2. Redefine what are your goals
- Do you still want the same things? Or have the events of the last few years determined a totally new mission or set of goals for you?
- Look at your values – have these changed?
- Don’t forget, your goals must have a benefit for you, for you to stay committed!
3. Write down your goals
- Identify personal and professional goals
- Alignment of both makes them easier to achieve
- Don’t go overboard – four or five is plenty
4. Develop an action plan
- Identify the opportunities and the hurdles
- Identify the actions needed to overcome the hurdles and how you can make the most of the opportunities
5. Set a timeframe against each goal
- Are they short, medium or long term goals?
- Break each one into bite-sized chunks and tick them off when they are achieved – this gives a great sense of satisfaction!
6. Create space in your diary
- Commit distinct periods of time each week to achieving your goals
- If you don’t, nothing will change
7. Review your goals
- It’s a good idea to do a four monthly review of your goal plan -are you on track?
- Have things changed in your life or your job? Do you need to revisit your goals and/or your execution plan?
- Are you committing enough time each week to achieving your planned goals?
- Be honest with yourself; re-evaluate, reprioritise and move forward knowing you are creating a better you!
At Meritos, planning, executing and achieving our goals forms a strong part of our culture. We are passionate about discovering and understanding our client and their organisation’s purpose and sourcing a pool of exceptional leaders who are naturally motivated by the same sense of why as they are.